September Empties

Thursday, 2 October 2014


That horrible moment when you realise you haven't done an empties post since July! Man, do I have a lot of stuff to show you. I've been doing my best recently to use up more products and not consume more than I can actually use. I can't say it's going too well right now but I'm hopeful of developing the habit so it won't be so difficult in the future.

Skincare -

I finally finished up my big bottle of Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water. This stuff is amazing at removing makeup easily without scrubbing or stinging. I will absolutely be repurchasing this one. I use this product by pouring it onto a cotton pad and I used up a pack of 80 Makeup Pads from Swisspers. These weren't the regular round kind and I am not even remotely a fan. They have very sharp corners and are really tricky to use which really isn't what I'm looking for in cotton pads. I also finished up a pack of the Biore Self-Heating One Minute Masks. These are clay-based masks that heat up as you rub them into your skin and are great for removing dirt from your pores. They were a bit of a novelty but not bad for a drugstore purchase. The last cleanser I finished was the Aesop Purifying Facial Cream Cleanser. This one is very gentle and soothing and, while I don't think it did a great job of preventing my random breakouts, I did enjoy using this one and could consider a repurchase. Also from Aesop, I had a sample sachet of the Damascan Rose Facial Treatment, a facial oil aimed at deeply nourishing the skin. I thought this smelt really unappealing and left me feeling greasy so I definitely won't be repurchasing. 

For more body care I finished a bottle of the Eso QV Wash, a soap-free body wash that I like to use because it doesn't irritate the skin at all. I have already purchased the even bigger sized bottle! I also had a little sample of the Palm Olive Body Butter Strawberry Smoother Exfoliating Body Wash. This had a very yummy scent but the bottle was so small and the plastic so thick that I could hardly get any of the product out so there's a significant amount still left behind. A fault of the packaging, not the product, of course, but still frustrating. I always carry a little tube of hand cream in my bag and the most recent has been Soap & Glory Hand Food. This also smells very yummy and contains marshmallow to keep your mits moisturised but I wasn't a huge fan of the sticky residue it left so I probably won't repurchase.

Haircare -

I have such a lot of hair and it just drinks up product. I should probably stop mentioning all of the Pantene Pro-V Intense Smooth Leave on Cremes I finish up because they're in every empties post! But it's a holy grail product and I'll keep using it until something better proves itself! I've been really enjoying keratin products recently for keeping my hair shiny and smooth so I've used up a bottle of Tresemme Keratin Smooth Conditioner. It keeps my hair nice and manageable but I'm not sure if I'll repurchase as I'm interested in experimenting with sulfate and silicone free products right now. Lastly, I have a John Frieda Frizz Ease Unwind Curls Calming Cream. This is from a new line in Frizz Ease especially targeted at taming unruly curls. I thoroughly enjoyed this product but the bottle is so small! I'll probably repurchase next time it's on sale.

Makeup -

I finished up a full size of the Garnier Perfect Blur 5 Sec Smoothing Base Perfector which is said to be a dupe for the Benefit Porefessional. I'm not very well-versed in primers so I'm still experimenting and trying new things out which means I won't be repurchasing soon but I did enjoy using it. A simple product sample sachet I used up was the L'Oreal Nude Magique Blur Cream. This is advertised as a product you can wear under makeup or on its own to smooth and perfect skin with the slightest tint of colour. It didn't wow me so I'd probably lean towards the cheaper Garnier one instead. Lastly, I have the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Concealer in Brightener. I originally really didn't like this product but by the time I'd used it up, I had really fallen for it. Once I use up some of my other concealers, I'd love to repurchase this one.

What products have you finished up recently?

xx Julia

2 comments

  1. i'm obsessed with S&G hand food, it's definitely my fave hand cream! x

    http://rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It smells like sugar! I'm also currently loving the new Body Shop hand creams :]

      Delete