Recent Purchases | October

Thursday, 23 October 2014


I've been doing quite a bit of shopping recently to freshen up my makeup collection and prepare myself for summer. That being said, there have also been quite a few new collection releases from some wonderful brands that I simply could not stop myself from dabbling in. So, if you're interested in seeing what has caught my eye recently just keep reading!

We'll start with some necessities. I finally got my hands on an Australis Fresh & Flawless Pressed Powder. I have only ever heard rave reviews about this product and I have now added it to my collection. I also grabbed one of the new Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Brow Mascara to use to set my brows. I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about this one from people not liking the colour, to not liking the brush, etc. I picked up the colour Dark Brown and so far I'm really enjoying it. It adds just enough colour on no-makeup days to make my brows seem subtly defined while also adding hold to keep them in place.

Recently, I've developed a thing for eyeshadow. For the longest time I didn't purchase any new colours and then suddenly I wanted them all! First, I grabbed Dione and Himalia from the NARS Dual Intensity Eyeshadow release. These are beautiful metallic colours that have just enough dimension to do something really special on the eyes. I also grabbed my first L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Pink Sapphire. It's a very sparkly pink-champagne that I like using to give a bit of something extra on the centre of the lid.

I could not walk away from the NARS Audacious Lipstick launch this month so I picked up the colour Catherine. It's super pigmented, creamy, and dries down to a satin-matte finish that is incredibly comfortable. I'll tell you now: the hype is real. Even with the massive price tag, I've been wearing it everyday since I got it and that seems worth it to me.


It seemed that I suddenly ran out of all of my skincare at once which was the perfect excuse for finally purchasing some products I've had my eye on for a while. The Origins Drink Up Intensive has been getting quite a bit of airtime in the online beauty community recently and the idea really intrigued me. This is an overnight mask that applies like a thick cream before you go to sleep so when you makeup your skin is plump, fresh, and hydrated. My skin tends towards dry so I thought this would be a good product to give a go. The Origins GinZing Energy Boosting Moisturiser is another much raved about product and as we enter summertime, I'm looking for anything to give my skin a healthy, fresh glow.

I also ventured over to Ren for the first time and picked up the Rosa Centifolia Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser. I'm hoping this will keep my skin free from any dull dead cells and allow my other products to breathe light into my complexion. I'm also hopeful it won't dry out my skin but the classification of 'gentle' indicates otherwise.

So, those are all the things I've purchased recently makeup and skincare wise! What have you been picking up in preparation for the warmer (or cooler) weather?

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment