October Beauty Favourites

Thursday, 30 October 2014


The end of the year is fast approaching as another month passes us by! This October has been particularly busy as I blogged everyday of the month. I've really enjoyed the challenge and hope you have enjoyed what I've been posting! Anyway, here are the beauty products I've been gravitating towards throughout the month.

The sun is starting to come out and I'm exposing more of my pale winter skin to the world. In an attempt to not blind people in sunlight, I've been using the Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer to give a bit of colour to my limbs. I was a bit skeptical about the effects but it's so raved about in America that I decided to give it a go. Let me tell you, do not underestimate its tanning effects! You will definitely notice the difference. I've also been using the fresh, fruity Body Shop Vineyard Peach Body Mist to welcome in the warmer season. I adore this scent and know it will become a staple over spring and summer.

For makeup I've been keeping it light with the NARS Dual Intensity Shadow in Himalia. It's a beautiful light bronzy-taupe shade that I use swept across the lid and blended along the edges. It looks beautiful with the Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes Liner in 19L, a pretty sparkly light brown that last all day smudged into the lower lash line. Lashings of Make Up For Ever Smokey Extravagant Mascara add just enough drama and definition to any eye look. Another new release from NARS, the Audacious Lipstick in Catherine is due to be my go-to lip colour until autumn next year.

I've fallen in love with two tools I picked up at IMATS in September. The Beauty Blender really is as good as everyone says, blending any foundation flawlessly and giving a really natural looking base. The Hakuhodo Yachiyo Tapered Kabuki brush has proved to be a beautiful brush for applying a sweep of summery blush to the cheeks. It's so soft, too!

What have you been loving recently?

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment