My Handbag Stash

Monday, 20 October 2014


Our handbags: a treasure trove of everything we could possibly imagine needing whether we're having a good or bad day. Also, sometimes, a dumping ground for those things we've forgotten about but have now been carrying around unnecessarily for about three months. We've all been there and today I'm going to show you what has worked its way into my handbag to build my handbag stash.

I keep all of my little goodies in a makeup bag from Love Libby. I really like their wide selection of fabrics and prints but their bags are all wonderfully useful, coated in plastic to keep everything protected. I also use a bobby-pin holder to keep my Q-tips from rolling around and getting dirty.

I carry a few hair tools in case things go wrong throughout the day: some hair ties and bobby-pins. Two little mirrors prove useful if I generally don't want to go on the hunt for a bathroom and some headache tablets in a pillbox always prove useful when you need them most. In case of accidents, I carry a Travelpal which is essentially a stain pen to at least lighten whatever I've spilt on myself until I can get home and clean it properly.

In case of dry lips, I carry three lip balms: Lucas' Papaw Ointment, Maybelline Baby Lips Loves Colour, and a Covergirl moisture stick from a liquid lipstick set. These all fulfil various purposes throughout the day and definitely justify having all three on hand. For freshening up, I include a little sample vile of perfume, a lip liner, and any other lip products I may have been wearing that day or that week even.

There you have it! The little necessities I carry around with me in my handbag stash. Do you have a stash like this? Leave any of your tips, tricks, or comments for me below!

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment