Brand Overview | the Body Shop

Tuesday, 14 October 2014


The Body Shop has been grabbing a lot of my attention lately with some rave reviews, product launches, and a price drop earlier this year. They have such a wider arrange of products and all sorts of yummy scent that have gotten me truly hooked. I'd thought I'd do a bit of an overview of some of the products that have really stood out to me from their range so far.


Let's talk about the brand quickly first. The Body Shop has one of the best work ethics out there, campaigning for human and animals right all across the world. They're a certified Humane Cosmetics company against animal testing and have their own fair trade program called Community Trade. The Body Shop Australia is also 100% Australian owned and who doesn't love supporting Australian business?

My first purchase from the Body Shop included a much needed cleanser in the form of the Vitamin C Facial Cleansing Polish. Aimed at dull, dry skin it promises to brighten and rejuvenate for a glowing complexion. It smells lovely and fresh and really wakes me up in the morning but, unfortunately, I'm not a fan of the tight feeling it leaves on my skin as though it's been dried out a bit too much. In the same trip I grabbed the much raved about Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil and I am absolutely loving it. After you get over the initial oddness of rubbing oil on your dry, makeup covered face, this works a treat, removing makeup so easily that I can't believe everyone doesn't use this.

On to some body care, I picked up the Early Harvest Raspberry Shower Gel in a recent re-release of the scent and it truly is divine. I love using this on a lazy day because it leaves me smelling like sweet raspberry cordial in the best possible way. It foams up just the right amount and you don't need a lot of clean your whole body. After hopping out of the shower, I love using the Vineyard Peach Body Butter all over to keep my skin moisturised. This is honestly the thickest, creamiest body butter you will ever use so much so that I cannot imagine using up the whole tub, I use so little each time. Plus the scent is to die for: like freshly picked summer peaches.

I'm obsessed with hand cream and always have some with me, just in case. At the moment I'm loving the Pink Grapefruit Hand Cream released earlier this year with a range of other classic Body Shop scents. It's light and creamy and does exactly what I want it to. I'm thinking of getting the strawberry scent next. Lastly, as if I couldn't get enough of the Vineyard Peach scent in the body butter, I had to grab the Vineyard Peach Body Mist. It's the most delectable thing to spray on yourself for a bit of a freshen up after a day in the sun. I can't see this lasting the summer!

Those are the products I've been using from the Body Shop recently, what have you been trying out? Are there any favourites of yours that I should definitely try?

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment