Bedside Table Essentials

Wednesday, 8 October 2014


I don't know about you, but I spend a whole lot of time lying around in bed. It's just the perfect place to watch YouTube videos, read, or perhaps do some uni work. Laying about in bed, though, means I like having all the essentials within arms reach to minimise unnecessary movement. I keep my bedside table stocked with the usual tissues, bookmarks, and a few other bits.

Getting dry lips is never enjoyable so I like always having a lip balm of sorts with me. In my bedside table I keep two for their own reasons. A classic Maybelline Baby Lips Love Colour to add moisture when things are uncomfortably dry. For just an added hint of hydration before my lips get too cracked I like using the Aesop Rosehip Seed Lip Cream. This one isn't great when dryness has gotten too severe but for touch-ups, it's just the thing.

The lips aren't the only thing to keep hydrated! Relaxing in bed is the perfect time for a quick pamper with some hand cream. Recently, I have been absolutely adoring the Body Shop Hand Cream in Pink Grapefruit. It's a sour scent that hits you right in the back of the throat. It adds a bit of punch in between uni essays, I can tell you.

Do you ever have those truly brilliant ideas just as you fade off into sleep? To avoid the frustration of trying to remember the next morning what seemed like genius the night before, I keep a pen and paper right next to my bed. This is also great for little reminders to myself of what to pack the next day or which email to reply to first thing.

What products do you always keep within reach?

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment