Winter to Spring Transitional Products

Wednesday, 17 September 2014

It's the time of year again when seasons change: the sun comes out, the legs come out, and we're ready to mix up our beauty routines from that winter slump we got into. Here are my favourite products to make that in that in-between time transitioning from winter to spring that little bit easier.



Starting with some body care. It's time to shed that winter skin and get yourself ready for the spring sunshine. I like to run some oil into my hair to give a bit of shine and added moisture to aid in the recently humid air. There are plenty of drugstore options for hair oils but I've chosen the Garnier Fructis Miraculous Oil. This is made for all hair types and uses argan oil to give your hair moisture and shine without weighing it down. For my face I like to liven things up with the Body Shop Vitamin C Facial Cleansing Polish which is designed with micro-exfoliating beads to rid your skin of dead cells and leave it bright and revitalised. The rest of my body needs a good scrub down too so I reach for my Garnier Beauty Oil Scrub to get everything soft and prepped for showing a bit more skin. This scrub is infused with argan, macadamia, almond, and rose oil to leave your skin super hydrated after use allowing you to skip the lotion when you get out of the shower. Who doesn't like a product that makes your life easier?


Your makeup is also going to need a bit of a pick-me-up after a long, cold winter so I veer towards some tried and tested favourites to ease the transition from deep berries to bright corals and pinks. For my base, the simple L'Oreal Nude Magique Eau de Teint (review) is such an easy choice. A very thin formula that applies liquid to powder, this can be swept all over the face for an effortless skin tone evening. To brighten things up, I give myself two blush options. MAC Pro Longwear Blush in Baby Don't Go (review) is a neutral-rosy colour that isn't going to lean too much into either season but just adds a hint of colour and sheen to the skin. The L'Oreal True Match Blush in Sandalwood Pink is a similar option but with much more rosiness to give a beautiful flush to the cheeks. If I go for any colour on the eyes, it's usually purple and especially in between seasons, it's bright enough for spring but muted enough to not look like you're jumping the gun. MAC Fluidline in Phlox Garden is a gorgeous orchid purple shade that I love smudged into the lower lash line with a golden lid or over a bare lid with heaps of mascara. It's a unique stand-out shade that will get you ready for spring. I'm also loving the Maybelline Color Tattoo Pure Pigment in Potent Purple (review). A nice sheer wash of sparkly purple looks great for a pop of colour on the lid.

What products to you reach for in the transition from winter to spring?

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment