September Beauty Favourites

Friday, 26 September 2014


September has been a bit of a funny month: the weather in Sydney is all over the place and making it very difficult to figure out which season to be dressing for. Otherwise, it's been a nice mix of rediscovering old loves and finding new ones entirely.



I'll start with the NARS Sheer Glow Foundation. This is one of the most raved about products of all time and when I tried a sample earlier this year, I jumped right on that bandwagon. My friend describes this product perfectly when she says, "It makes your skin look perfect." I love, love, love it. On top of my new base I've added an old favourite, MAC Ripe for Love. This is really wonderful pink-coral satin that I won't go on too much about because, unfortunately, it was limited edition. A bit of a mix of old and new with the Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquers as I pulled out last year's favourite Celestial and added a new favourite, Stellar. These are wonderful liquid lipstick products that give a vivid opaque colour and last beautifully on the lips.

Spring is a time for new beginnings and new shoes. This year my purchase of choice was a new pair of Birkenstocks. Unfortunately, new shoes means you have to wear them in and this can result is some pretty heinous blisters. That's why I've been loving the Compeed Blister Patches this month! You have no idea how much of a life-saver these can be until you absolutely need them. On a brighter note, smelling good is also a springtime essential and with its mix of honeysuckle and gardenia Marc Jacobs Honey is perfect for spending the day in the sun. A handbag essential, I always have some hand cream around. Recently my choice has been the Crabtree & Evelyn Hand Therapy in the scent Lily. It's light and floral and adds just the right amount of hydration for on the go. But hydration is important body-wide and I've been absolutely in love with the re-released Vineyard Peach Body Butter from the Body Shop. This is scent is heavenly and it leaves the skin softer than anything else. The range is limited edition so be sure to pick up a tub or two quick!

So, that's how I've been welcoming spring this past month! What products have you been adoring?

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment