Pastel Polishes for Spring

Wednesday, 10 September 2014


Spring is the perfect time to bring out the pretty pastel polishes to match the lace and floral numbers I've been waiting all winter to wear. Here are some of my favourite colours for this time of year when the sun starts peaking through the clouds and everything gets a little bit warmer.


A new release to the market, the Revlon ColorStay Gel Envy Nail Enamels are my perfect nail polish and the colour Sure Thing is my new favourite. A pure white, this is the type of polish to brighten up an outfit and it really does go with everything. The big, rounded brush makes application a breeze and the opacity of the polish means you're done in just two coats. The ColorStay Gel formula last beautifully and resists chipping so wear just appears softly around the nail edges. If white is too stark for you, Essie Ballet Slippers offers another option. A light, airy pink, this looks pretty and delicate on any fingertips. Probably one of the least opaque polishes I own, you're definitely going to need at least three coats. If you've got the patience, it's worth it! Also be sure to wear a top coat as Essie is very prone to chipping.

Moving into the more colourful pastels, China Glaze Sweet Hook is one of my all time favourite nail polishes. The colour is fantastic, hitting that line between bright and muted to make your nails really pop. A pretty average formulation but such a pretty light lilac colour that I don't mind reapplying!

Before the ColorStay Gel Envy range, Revlon Brilliant Strength was my favourite drugstore polish range. These two colours Provoke, a peachy-orange, and Entice, a dusty seafoam, are a brighter alternative to the springtime pastel while still fitting into the softer colour family. Speaking of bright, though, Essie Mint Candy Apple is a real stand-out pastel polish. An absolute cult favourite, this pale minty colour draws all attention straight to your nails. While I'm not a huge fan of the Essie formula, I do love this colour and find myself reaching for it as the seasons turn warmer.

What polishes are you excited to be pulling out this time of year?

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment