Review | Biore Self-Heating One Minute Mask

Wednesday, 6 August 2014

You hear a lot within the beauty blogging community about the benefits of charcoal for de-clogging pores and purifying your skin, so when I saw this release from the trusted drugstore brand, Biore, I decided to give it a go!

My skin has been going crazy recently: getting really dry in the winter chill but always breaking out like it never has before! I was hoping this product would give my skin the added help it needed to return to normal or at least calm down for a bit.


The pack comes with four single use packets. You wet your face, squeeze the product onto your fingers, and then rub into your skin for 60sec before rinsing off. It's recommended to use with warm water because the self-heating affect is stimulated by contact with water. This was my first experience of a self-heating product and it's just very cool! Especially on a cold winters night, this feels like a real treat for your skin without having to pay an arm and a leg. While, the self-heating doesn't last the full minute, this is still a lovely thick mask that doesn't set and rinses very easily off the skin so no fussy clean-up.

I've used up three of the little packets so far and, while I can't really tell what kind of difference this product has made on my tricky skin, I have really enjoyed using it. The heating sensation is wonderful and makes the whole experience feel luxurious. After rinsing the product off, my skin feels refreshed, tingly, and very smooth. Especially during these colder months, I'll definitely consider repurchasing these when I run out and I'm also eyeing the Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser for adding that charcoal goodness to my everyday skincare routine.

Has anyone tried this product or something similar? What did you think?

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment