July Beauty Favourites

Friday, 1 August 2014


This past month's body goodies have been a collection of brand new finds. Dry hair and skin this winter is my major problems so I've been loving combating them with these products.

A new release, the Garnier Beauty Oil Scrub has been a pleasure to use in the shower. Containing lots of little gritty bits, it gets rid of all the dry, dead skin on tricky places like my elbows but the argan, macadamia, almond, and rose oils leave my skin soft and healthy and smelling amazing! A really fantastic product that makes every shower feel luxurious! While moisturising my body, I've always been paying special attention to my hair with the raved-about Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque. I wanted to see if it lived up to the hype on my super curly hair and I must say that it does! My hair is soft, manageable, and much less frizzy when I use this product. I fell instantly in love!


Another new release but this one from Biore is the Self-Heating One Minute Mask. My skin has been going crazy recently so I thought the charcoal would help keep everything calm. I'm not sure to what degree these masks cleanse or purify but I've thoroughly enjoyed using them! You rub one packet worth into your skin for a minute while it heats up and attempts to pull all the oil and dirt out of your pores. Afterwards my skin feels fresh, tingly, and so soft! There are only four packets in a pack and I've nearly used all mine up! So, I'll probably have to repurchase these sometime soon.

A rediscovery this month was the Marc Jacobs Oh, Lola! Sunsheer Edition Eau de Parfum. I bought this limited edition scent over summer but haven't started using it regularly until recently. I adore the scent: light, fresh, and very floral. It adds a bit of light to my dark winter days!


I haven't been loving many makeup products consistently this month as I'm trying out new things and trying to keep my makeup looks exciting. But here are three products that have stood out from my makeup drawers this past month.

A recent purchase, and my first Benefit product, is the much-talked-about High Beam liquid highlighter. I was a bit hesitant about trying this product out because such a pigmented liquid highlighter can be intimidating for someone who isn't very experienced with these types of products. One of the Benefit makeup artists tried it on me, though, and I fell in love! It gives such a beautiful sheen that I think looks beautiful with a winter cheek flush. I'm adoring playing around with it and am very happy to have added it to my collection.

The last two favourites are rediscoveries for me. The Lorac Pro Palette is such a beautiful, versatile, and reliable palette that I've been loving trying some different everyday looks with it; pairing some neutrals with coloured liner has been particularly fun this past month. When I'm not reaching for green or blue, though, I've really liked smudging some Rimmel Scandal'Eyes Kohl Kajal Eyeliner in Black across my top lash line for something smoky but subtle.

What have you been using a lot of recently?

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment