Everyday Eye | two

Friday, 22 August 2014


It's high time for my second instalment of my Everyday Eye series where I show you some products I've loved wearing on my eyes recently. This particular eye look was inspired by a recent video from Sharon Farrell which you can view here. It's a twist on the daytime smokey eye that I love.

First, I prime everything with my little Lorac Behind the Scenes Eye Primer and then layer my Nutrimetics Birds of Paradise Eyeshadow Liner Duo. This is a nice bronzy shade that, smudged out into my crease, forms the base for this look.


Then, I pack on some MAC Satin Taupe to the top half of my lid and blended into my crease for your classic smokey-taupe look. For the lower half of the lip, I apply MAC Fluid Line in Phlox Garden in a thick line from corner to corner, like an eyeshadow base. On top of this I put my Maybelline Color Tattoo Pure Pigments Eyeshadow in Potent Purple, blending this into Satin Taupe.

For the liner, I smudge my Rimmel Scandel'Eyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Eyeliner in Black into the upper lash line and work Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil in Underground into the lower waterline and smudged out along the lash line.

Finally, top is all off with Covergirl Flamed Out Mascara. Perhaps something a bit more dramatic would be suited if you were to wear this out at night but, for the day, Flamed Out keeps this a bit more low-key.

So, there you go, my interpretation of Sharon's colourful everyday smokey eye! Do you like working some colour into your everyday looks? How have you been doing it recently?

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment