Review | Revlon Highlighting Palette in Rose Glow

Wednesday, 30 July 2014

Last month Revlon launched a whole new collection of cheek products including three new cream blushes and three highlighting palettes. I've just began dipping into highlighters, trying to add some life to my wintery dry skin. So, I decided to pick up the pink-toned palette of the three and bought Rose Glow.

The palette contains five strips of shimmery powder reminiscent of Bobbi Brown's Shimmer Bricks. Rose Glow ranges in shades from a pink-champagne, to a true pink, to a rosy-bronze. Three strips contain glitter and the other two have a more satin finish.

As expected from a sparkly drugstore product, this highlighter contains a lot of glitter which will appear somewhat. I do love, though, the added satin shades that give a more natural sheen and spread the glitter better across the cheeks.

It's super easy to apply with a brush and a light hand across the high points of your face. I prefer to keep it to the top of the cheekbones because of the glitter but it's up to you! I also like that you can customise the colour a bit by concentrating your brush in the lighter side, the bronzer side, or swirling them all together.

There aren't a whole of comparable products to this one available in the drugstore and I think that's what makes this one a stand out. I've been enjoying using this to add a bit of sparkle and life to my skin and am considering purchasing the bronze palette for the warmer months.

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment