June Beauty Favourites

Wednesday, 2 July 2014


Another month has passed us by! June in particular seems to have flown by but I've picked up a few beauty products recently that I've been absolutely loving and I want to tell you about them!

I feel like I'm constantly trying a million different hair products all the time, on a constant search for my holy grail hair routine combination. This month I picked up the John Frieda Frizz-Ease Unwind Curls Calming Creme and it's perfect. It's a leave-in conditioner that I apply to towel-dried hair when I'm styling my hair at the beginning of that day. It keeps everything soft, smooth, frizz-free, and defined. I really love it! Only downside is the price, but that's something I'll learn to live with, I'm sure.

After a bit of a Aesop splurge last month, I've found two products that I've really enjoyed using throughout June. The Aesop Primrose Facial Hydrating Cream is easily the best moisturiser I have ever used. It's thick and creamy but absorbs very quickly and leaving my skin feeling so hydrated! There's no tightness or irritation and the hydration lasts throughout the day. I apply this morning and night after cleansing. I've also loved using the Aesop Purifying Facial Exfoliant Paste about once or twice a week to keep my skin smooth and free of dead-skin-dryness. I was a bit hesitant at first as it contains finely ground quartz but this is a great product for clearing out pores and keeping everything looking fresh.

In June I decided to mix my eyeliner up a bit by rediscovering a love for my Maybelline Gel Eyeliner. I seriously forgot how easy this is to apply and how very black it is! But for when I'm feeling particularly adventurous, I grab my Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Eyeliner in Indigo. I picked this up at a recommendation from Essie or essiebutton and I love it! It's dark enough to define the eyes but adds a bit of a quirky difference that keeps your everyday makeup fun and new.

Lastly, my cheeks have had fun this past month swapping between my two favourite blush products. The gorgeous Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Diffused Heat (review) has gotten plenty of attention online and for good reason! The beautiful peachy-shimmery glow it gives your cheeks is like nothing else. I've also fallen in love with the Stila Convertible Colour in Poppy. This blends like an absolute dream and gives such a natural flushed look which works beautifully in this chilly winter weather. I'll get a lot of use out of this in these coming months.

What have you been loving recently?

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment