July Empties

Friday, 4 July 2014

Another empties post! This is where I walk you through all the products I've used up in the past month (sometimes more) and let you know what I thought or whether I would repurchase a product.


Skincare -

Dettol Healthy Touch Instant Hand Sanitizer with Aloe Vera - 
There's not a whole lot to say about this one. I carry a little hand sanitizer in my bag all the time to keep things hygienic, especially when I'm eating in public or something like that. I've got another scent currently on the go but I'd repurchase either version.

Marc Jacobs Honey Shower Gel - 
This little guy came in a gift set with the perfume and a lotion over the holiday period. I love the scent but this gel didn't foam very well and probably isn't for sale individually anyway!

Swisspers Make-up Pads - 
I use these every day to remove my makeup and really like them because they have quilted edges which means they don't shed fibres or cotton all over the place. I've always used them and will definitely pick up some more.

Garnier Anti-Shine Cleansing Gel - 
I purchased this when my skin was undergoing a congested phase in the hopes that this would help clear that up. I don't think it contributed too much to clearing my blemishes and it definitely dried out my skin so I won't be repurchasing. (Review)

Aesop B&Tea Balancing Toner and Parsley Seed Anti-Oxidant Eye Serum Sachets - 
Surprisingly, I really enjoyed these products and thought they felt really lovely on my skin. I don't usually consider purchasing products after these kind of sachet samples but I'll definitely think about these two.

Simple Kind to Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser - 
I purchased this just as a product to travel with over summer but after using it all up, I won't be repurchasing. It just didn't provide enough moisture for my skin and that makes it not worth it.


Haircare -

Tresemme Moisture Rich Conditioner -
I quite like Tresemme products on my hair and this was a nice one that left everything soft, smooth, and easy to manage. I have heaps of haircare to get through but I would look to this as a bargain purchase again.

Pantene Pro-V Intense Smoothening Leave on Creme -
This has been my holy grail hair product for many years and that's why it appears in every single one of my empties posts. It just does exactly what I want when styling my hair and for that I will continue to repurchase it.

Thursday Plantation Tea Tree Everyday Shampoo -
This was one of those products that I found in my cupboards and decided you use up. I didn't enjoy the process with its incredibly strong scent and lack of any real lather (it's sulphate-free). I just didn't feel like I was cleaning my hair so I wouldn't buy this again.

John Frieda Frizz-Ease Rehydrate Intense Conditioner -
I used this every couple of days as a normal conditioner on my hair and loved how soft and smooth it was afterwards. I love pretty much everything from the John Frieda Frizz-Ease range! Thoroughly enjoyed this product and would repurchase it.

John Frieda Frizz-Ease Clearly Defined Styling Gel -
I like this product for the definition and shine it gives my hair without and crunchiness. I would repurchase it more often but the tube is quite small for its price so I tend to pick other styling products instead.


Makeup -

Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau de Toilette -
This must be a historic moment because I have not finished a perfume in years! This is one I reached for daily as an easy, light, floral scent that suited pretty much every occasion. I enjoyed using it but there are so many perfumes out there that I can't imagine myself purchasing this one again.

Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation -
I feel like I used this foundation up quite quickly. That may be because the lack of a pump made it pretty easy to over pour! It provided a nice medium coverage that saw me through summer but it's quite an expensive foundation from the drugstore so I'll probably shop around before considering picking this one up again. (Review)

L'Oreal Eau de Teint Foundation Sachet -
This shade was far, far too dark for me but the line of this product runs incredibly dark anyway so that wasn't a surprise. I had already purchased the full-size before I received this sample so it didn't do a whole lot of good besides confirming I am definitely the lightest shade! (Review)

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation Sample -
I've been eyeing this product in Mecca Cosmetica for far too long so when I made a recent purchase, I asked for a sample. I am absolutely in love! Now I just need to save up a few dollars to purchase the full size!

Essence Lash & Brow Gel Mascara -
This is a constant repurchase for me because, while it may not be the best gel on the market, it certainly is the cheapest and sometimes that's enough! (Review)

That's what I've used up! Have you finished anything up recently?

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment