Lip Product Addict Tag

Wednesday, 25 June 2014

I've seen this tag floating around Youtube and the bloggersphere and, seeing as I definitely qualify as a lip product addict, I thought it would be fun to do!

Question One - Favourite balm/treatment?

I love the Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balms, especially the Baby Lips Loves Colour collection. They keep my lips hydrated and soft while adding a hint of colour, which I love.

Question Two - Best Eye-Catching Red?

I definitely have to go with MAC Russian Red. This is the most classic red colour that makes me feel like million dollars every time I wear it. With the matte finish, once this baby sets it doesn't move which makes it perfect to wear on special occasions when you don't want to be worrying about what your lipstick looks like. This is one of my most recommended lip products, for sure.

Question Three - Best Luxury & Best Drugstore?

For best luxury I've picked the Cargo Essential Lip Colour in Sedona. The super bright orange-red of this lipstick is absolutely gorgeous and one of my all time favourites. I feel like not enough people know about this lipstick range but they are super pigmented semi-matte products in a beautiful range of brights and neutrals.

For best drugstore I'm going with NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Sao Paulo. These lip creams are very easy to wear with the lightest consistency it feels like you're not wearing anything! This is my favourite everyday deep pink from the line that I love in the winter time.

Question Four - Best MAC lipstick?

This one is easy: MAC Plumful. It's my favourite lipstick of all time. The light plum colour is gorgeous for everyday wear and the Lustre finish makes it so easy to sweep on and touch up throughout the day.

Question Five - The most disappointing?

Here I'm going with the Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Juicy Papaya. I think this could be such a lovely soft peachy shade to sweep on throughout summer especially but there just isn't any colour! If anything shows up in swatches, it just doesn't transfer to the lips which makes this a pretty disappointing product.

Question Six - Liner: yes or no?

I hardly wear liner at all because I honestly just forget. I'm not a fan of adding that extra step to my makeup routine that I then have to maintain on every reapplication throughout the day. That being said: I want to start looking into lip liners a bit more and trying some better quality ones because I know when you take the time, they can make a difference in the appearance and wear of your lip products.

Question Seven - Best gloss?

I cheated and picked two for this one. I'm a huge fan of the NYX Butter Glosses and I adore this one in Peach Cobbler. They have such a lot of colour to them without being sticky and they smell amazing!

I also really like the Revlon Super Lustrous Glosses of which I have a fair few. They're not sticky or slippery and they add a nice bit of shine and sparkle to your lips. One of my favourites is Pango Peach.

Question Eight - Something extra

A lip combination that I've been really liking as we head into winter is the C-II lipstick in Rebel and the Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Berry Allure. This C-II lipstick is a near perfect dupe for MAC Revel (hence the name) which my friend picked up for me recently. It is a beautiful colour that I like adding Berry Allure to to give a bit of shine.

Are you a lip product junkie? What are your answers to these questions?

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment