Everyday Eye | one

Friday, 20 June 2014


Inspired by the "What's on my face" posts of other beauty bloggers, I thought I would share some of the products that I've been spending a lot of time with recently in an Everyday Eye. These are simple products that work well together and have been inducing me to reach for them over anything else.

Maybelline Big Eyes Eyeshadow Quad in Luminous Browns -
I was so thoroughly impressed when I swatched this in Priceline that I instantly picked it up. A wonderful mixture of satin/shimmery finish shadows to create the perfect natural eye with a hint of orange.

Revlon Lash Potion Mascara -
I'm the type of person that only ever has one mascara open at a time and this just happens to be the one at the moment. I'm honestly not wowed by it and it tends to smudge under my eyes the longer I have it on. Not a huge fan but it's what I've been using recently!

Nutrimetics Birds of Paradise Eyeshadow/Eyeliner Duo -
A set of these was gifted to me a number of Christmases ago and I've really only just started to use them. In particular I've been putting this light, sparkly pink across my lid as a neutral base every day. I don't think this is the best product I've used and I wouldn't repurchase it but it gets the job done!

Rimmel Scandel'Eyes Kohl Kajal Eyeliner in Nude -
A holy grail product here, my favourite nude eyeliner. It lasts all day in my waterline to brighten and widen my eyes like nothing else. Mine's looking a bit worse for wear but it'll be an instant repurchase, I love it that much.

Maybelline Gel Eyeliner in Blackest Black -
This little guy lay neglected in my makeup draw for quite some time before I decided to pull him out before he dries up. This is a classic black gel liner that I like to apply with a liner brush (Sigma E05 to be exact). It lasts all day and is the blackest liner in my collection.

Lorac Behind the Scenes Eye Primer -
I got this little guy with my Lorac Pro Palette and really haven't used it until now. The few times I tried it before, I didn't think it did anything for the longevity of my shadows and in some cases made them crease! But combined with the Nutrimetics Eyeshadow base, this works a treat.

So, there you have it! The products I've been using a lot to create my Everyday Eye. Below are some swatches:

Top-Bottom: Maybelline Big Eyes Eyeshadow Quad, Rimmel Scandel'Eyes Kohl Kajal Eyeliner, Nutrimetics Birds of Paradise Eyeshadow crayon

What products have you been reaching for recently?

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment