Review | New Garnier Skincare

Wednesday, 21 May 2014


Garnier has had a massive re-vamp of their brand this year discontinuing and releasing products left, right, and centre. These are three products that I picked up at the beginning of the year which I thought I would tell you about if you found all the new stock a bit overwhelming!

Anti-Shine Cleansing Gel -
I purchased this when my skin was going through a bit of a rough patch (which I don't think I've quite escaped yet) and, while I think it did it's best, it didn't seem like quite enough. I've been getting quite a few breakouts but this cleanser doesn't seem to significantly combat, repair, or prevent future breakouts. I'm not quite sure what it does!

This is a gel cleanser targeted towards combination to oily skin types to mattify and tighten pores. It contains green tea to detoxify and moringa extract to purify the skin.

I've found that my skin just isn't a big fan of gel cleansers as they tend to suck the moisture straight out of my already dehydrated face. It hasn't had a drastic impact on my skin for the better or worse but, once I use it up, I can't imagine I'll be repurchasing it.

Micellar Cleansing Water -
Almost everyone it seems has picked this up and done a review over the last few months. The main pull is that magic phrase 'cleansing water' which is taking the beauty world by storm. Many brands have released their own over the last few years but Garnier's has a notable difference: the price! This 400mL bottle is a mere fraction of the price of most brands which has had everyone rejoicing.

It claims to be suitable for all skin types and can be used to remove makeup, cleanse and sooth the skin on your face, eyes, and lips. 

The best part, though, is this product really works. Squirt a bit onto a cotton pad and it'll remove an entire face of makeup with nearly no effort. It's safe to use on the eyes and doesn't sting at all. I've been using this morning and night and have completely fallen in love! I highly, highly recommend this product, especially if you've been eyeing Bioderma recently.

Gentle Cleansing Milk -
I was on a bit of a makeup remover kick when I picked this up hoping I had found the next best drugstore makeup remover.

This is a thin cream-like consistency that can be used to remove makeup and soften your skin on the face and eyes. It contains cherry to soften and moringa extracts to purifying. This product is recommended for dry skin.

This is another one of those incredibly easy makeup removing/cleansing products popular nowadays, though, unlike the Micellar Cleansing Water, this one does require a rinsing step.

I've been using it mostly over the last few weeks in the cooler weather to help combat the dry, flaky skin I tend to get when the temperatures drop. I'm looking forward to continue to use it over the coming months.

Have you tried any new Garnier recently? What did you think? Let me know!

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment