Review | L'Oreal Nude Magique Eau de Teint

Friday, 23 May 2014

This is L'Oreal's newest foundation release and it was much awaited in Australia after seeing it launched in America and the UK before us. I was excited to get this foundation in the hopes it would be my light-weight, easy to wear, winter foundation choice and, while there are things I like about it, there are also some things I'm not too hot about.

I'll start with the product itself. This is a very thin, watery consistency that I haven't seen in a foundation before. Many have compared it to the Giorgio Armani Maestro, but I haven't tried that one before so I can't add my thoughts! It also has a very strong alcohol scent which I definitely wasn't expecting but is hard to miss when you open the bottle.

The colour selection is pretty awful. Here in Australia, the lightest shade available is 120 Pure Ivory. I'm not the palest girl out there and this shade is just a smidge too dark. It works alright now but as I pale throughout winter, I don't think it'll be so easy to pull off.

Application is a bit odd because (yet again) this bottle doesn't include a pump. They recommend tilted the bottle onto your finger and applying directly to your face. It's not the most hygienic but with such a watery product, pouring it onto you hand is pretty well out of the question. The bottle is also glass, which doesn't make it super travel friendly.

This is definitely the lightest coverage foundation I have ever tried. That being said, it also layers like a dream and you can almost achieve a light/medium coverage. I certainly wouldn't recommend this if you prefer medium or full coverage because you simply won't get that with this product. I like light coverage and I like the way it smooths out and evens my skin tone without looking like I'm wearing makeup.

L'Oreal claims "A feather light foundation, feels as light and fresh as water. Instantly fuses with the skin blending seamlessly to leave a silky, second skin effect."

The finish is a satin/matte depending on your skin type and it does look incredibly natural. A "perfect bare skin look".

Something else I should probably mention: This bottle only contains 20mL compared to the usual 30mL of most foundations. This hasn't seemed to affect the price, however, as we're still asked to pay around AUD$25.

So, there are some pros and cons but for now I'm enjoying using it. Have you tried Eau de Teint? What did you think?

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment