May Beauty Empties

Friday, 16 May 2014

If you've never come across an empties post before, I'll fill you in: This is where I show you all the products I've used up or are throwing away and give you a few of my thoughts about each.

These are some of my favourite post to read or videos to watch because you get the most important information [yay or nay] for a lot of products all at once. Plus, if someone has worked all their way to the end of a product, that in itself tells you a lot!

Here's what I've used up over the last few months:


Haircare:


Pantene Pro-V Hydrating Curls Conditioner - Before I picked this up at Priceline recently, I had never heard of this line from Pantene but I am so glad I came across it because I love it! It left my hair smooth and easy to manage. I would absolutely purchase this again.

Pantene Pro-V Intense Smoothening Leave On Creme - I talk about this product all the time because it's my holy grail hair product. It de-frizzes and keeps my curls separate and defined. Using too much can make my hair crunchy but it's still the best curl styling product I've ever used.

Skin and Body Care:


Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Pore Scrub - I purchased this because I loved all the natural ingredients but the scrub itself was too fine and thin so I probably wouldn't repurchase it.

Neutrogena Naturals Fresh Cleansing + Makeup Remover - This cleanser had an odd consistency between a cream and gel cleanser which smelt like fresh apples. I felt that it was more of a makeup remover than cleanser in that it didn't seem to penetrate my pores at all and for that reason I wouldn't repurchase it.

Garnier Clean Sensitive 2 in 1 Gentle Make-Up Remover - This stuff is fantastic! It gets off absolutely everything very easily. It didn't irritate my eyes or skin and I thoroughly enjoyed using it. I would repurchase it.

Swisspers 50 Large Make-Up Pads - I use these to remove my makeup and I like them because they have quilted edges which keeps the pad from breaking up or ripping. I use them at least once a day and I would repurchase them.

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream (Deluxe Sample) - I quite liked this moisturiser in that it was thick and you didn't need to use a whole lot which meant this little pot lasted me ages! If I had a bit of money to splurge then I might consider purchasing this guy again.

Schick Hydro Moisturising Shave Gel - I stole this from my brother because I thought it would make shaving my legs a more pleasurable experience but, man, was I mistaken! This left my legs itchy and burning after almost every use and I would not try it again.

Original Source Pink Grapefruit Shower Gel - These shower gels are amazing! They are incredibly cheap at the super market and their scents are to die for! Loved this one and absolutely would repurchase.

Sephora Age Defy Moisture Cream SPF 15 Sunscreen and Super Loaded Age Defy Serum Sachets - I didn't notice anything particularly impressive when trying these products other than the fact that they are very heavily perfumed. Even if there was a Sephora in Australia, I wouldn't purchase these.

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free Toner Sachets - I don't tend to use toners because they never seem to make a difference on my skin. This one was no different so I won't be spending the money on a full size.

Makeup:

Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in 050 Berry Smoothie - Probably one of my greatest achievements to date has been completely using up this full size lip product. I almost can't believe I made it to the end! This was my go-to lippie for work and I did enjoy using it while I had it. The Lipbutters are easy to use and come in some lovely colours but with this one in particular, I'm not a huge fan of how Revlon does glitter. I already have heaps of lip products so I won't be repurchasing this one.

Covergirl Clump Crusher Extensions Mascara - I got this one hoping it would give me what I thought the original Clump Crusher lacked. Unfortunately, I didn't fall head over heels with this mascara either so I probably won't repurchase it.

MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Brunette - I really enjoyed using this pencil because it was a nice colour match for my brows and the pencil tip was thin enough to give a more natural look. If I ever have another $30 to spend on a brow pencil, I would repurchase this one.

So, there you go! Those are all the products I've used up recently and what I think of each. Let me know if you've tried any of these products and what your thoughts were, too!

Thank you for reading!

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment