Review: Maybelline Super Stay 14 Hr Lipstick in Ravishing Rouge and Keep Me Coral

Tuesday, 4 February 2014


I have way too many lip products but it never stops me from collecting more! These two were kindly gifted to me for Christmas. I love receiving makeup as gifts because it means you get to try brands or products you may never have picked up yourself! That's true for me with these Maybelline Super Stay 14 Hr Lipsticks in Ravishing Rouge (above right) and Keep Me Coral (above left).

What's fantastic about these lipsticks is they are really classic colours. Coral and red go with almost anything, however, a deep coral and a bright red are quite opposite to what I usually pick. Keep Me Coral is almost a nude coral while Ravishing Rouge is a real bright red. Both colours are nicely opaque with a sheen-y finish.

While I may like the colours, both lipsticks are packed full of glitter, which doesn't necessarily bother me, except that as they wear away on the lips, the glitter is all that gets left behind. It's not a super nice look having bare, sparkly lips!

I'm not sure what Maybelline was thinking with the '14 Hr' because these lipsticks do not last that long. The wear isn't awful but it's pretty standard for a long-wear lip product. Perhaps they meant the glitter, though, because that stuff does not come off easily!

I do like having Ravishing Rouge and Keep Me Coral in my collection, but if I could I would definitely choose a lot less glitter!

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment