Review: Covergirl Clump Crusher Extensions Mascara

Thursday, 6 February 2014

I, like most people, picked up the Covergirl Clump Crusher when it was released last year. I liked it, but I tend to prefer a bit more drama in my mascaras which I just didn't find in the original Clump Crusher. So, I was really excited when Covergirl released Clump Crusher Extensions. This version is the same formula as the original but with fibres to add length to your lashes.

I bought the colour Blackest Black and it is a very black formula, however, I ultimately found it a bit too similar to the original Clump Crusher for my liking. There's definitely more length with the fibres, but Clump Crusher in general offers a very natural look to your lashes; Nothing particularly lengthened, volumized, separated. In my opinion, it just doesn't compare to my beloved Maybelline the Mega Plush which gives the volume, length, separation, and drama that I look for.

Don't get me wrong, this is a good mascara, quite good. It doesn't smudge or melt with heat or sweat. It doesn't flake but it does wash off easily. I have enjoyed using Clump Crusher Extensions and do prefer it to the original but when you've already found a holy grail product, it's hard to settle for anything less.

I also quite like the brush of this mascara. It's the same curved-wedge shape as Clump Crusher numero uno with plastic bristles. The curved side is great for the upper lashes and the flat side gets into the lower lash line very easily. These types of brushes are my personal preference because I feel they grab the lashes and disperse the product more evenly than the wire-like brushes.

An overall good drugstore mascara that I would recommend over most; one worthy of repurchase but, alas, not a holy grail replacement.

xx Julia


No comments:

Post a Comment