Review: Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Glosses

Thursday, 5 December 2013

L-R: Kiss Me Coral, Pango Peach, Pink Pop, Snow Pink, Super Natural, Berry Allure

Out of all of Revlon's products, their lip products are some the most well-known in the beauty community so today I wanted to show you a recently discovered favourite line of Revlon lip gloss: Super Lustrous. This line hit Australian shores not too long ago and I've been loving them ever since!

Firstly, the colour range is fantastic with 12 different shades ranging across corals, reds, nudes, pinks, and purples so anyone can find their perfect colour. I particularly like their variety of glittery and cream glosses so you don't have to put up with super sparkle if you don't want to. They also have a wonderful formulation with just enough gloss to give your lips shine without any kind of tackiness or stickiness to make wearing them uncomfortable.

I have six of the Super Lustrous Lip Glosses with three glitter and three creams. Kiss Me Coral (glitter) is the colour that drew me to the line in the first place; a beautiful bright coral/red it just pops in any makeup look. Pango Peach (glitter) is a close second favourite with a nice, natural pink/coral that will look really flattering over summertime. Next is Pink Pop (cream) which seems to be everyone's favourite as a bright blue-toned pink. The most versatile of the bunch is Snow Pink (glitter), a light shimmery pink that is just sheer enough to work well over any lip colour. Super Natural (cream) is exactly how the name suggests, a dark nude shade for those not looking for a lot of colour. Lastly, Berry Allure (cream) is a beautiful choice for a dark, vampy purple lip that I can imagine looking really nice on a night out.

What I don't love about this product is the price. AUD$21.95 for 3.8mL is a bit too much for a drugstore brand, in my opinion. I feel like I'm in an eternal battle with Revlon debating whether their products are worth the price tag. If that's something that bothers you, as well, I have a secret for you! At the moment, Revlon has a Kris Kringle Gift Set of five full size Super Lustrous Lip Glosses available for $39.95. That's less than the price of two! I found mine at the Revlon counter in my local Myer so I recommend heading on over and having a look for yourself before they sell out!

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment