Review: Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in 027 Juicy Papaya

Tuesday, 10 December 2013

I finally got my hands on the spring/summer Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butters! I picked mine up in a gift-with-purchase from my local Myer the other day in the colour 027 Juicy Papaya.

The Revlon Lip Butters are an easy way to wear a sheer wash of colour that isn't as heavy or drying as a lipstick nor as sticky as a lipgloss. They're creamier and thicker than a tinted lip balm and [most of them] have a better colour pay-off, as well. These are in no way balms, though, and you shouldn't expect an exceptional amount of hydration from them.

Juicy Papaya is a nice apricot/orange colour which really suits the summer months. I can never get enough coral or orange shades so this colour is right up my alley! It's a cream finish without any sparkle or shimmer but it has a juicy kind of sheen when worn on the lips. I've only tried Berry Smoothie from this line before but, in comparison, Juicy Papaya is much sheerer. After you warm the product up a bit there's more colour pay-off but nothing like some of the other Lip Butters that I've seen. It also has a faint vanilla scent.

While I'm really excited to be wearing this product over summer, I'm incredibly glad I held out and didn't purchase this for AUD$21.95. I honestly don't think this product is worth that price when it's such a sheer, non-moisturising lip product. Of course, it's up to you, but I wouldn't recommend picking this one up for full price if you can help it.

Like I said, I got Juicy Papaya in a gift-with-purchase [also including a makeup bag, nail polish, eyeshadow quad, serum sample, and mascara] when I spent AUD$39.95 on Revlon products at Myer. I'm not sure if the deal is still going on but it's worth checking out! You were able to choose from three different colours of Lip Butters and nail polishes.

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment