Review: Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Concealer in Brightener

Thursday, 19 December 2013

I have been hearing about the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Concealer for as long as I've been involved in the beauty community. I finally crossed it off my 'to-buy' and picked up the Brightener shade to see what I thought of this much raved about product.

At first I was a little bit confused about the packaging. You have to twist to get the product to move up the tube and out the sponge on the top but I was twisting for ages and hardly anything came out! Eventually I got the hang of it but I still think this particular packaging is a bit of a draw-back for the product itself.

I've used it a few times and I'm very sad to say that I'm not overly impressed. The formulation is very thin for a concealer, even a brightening one, and I find it doesn't resist creasing very well, either. It blends well and application is pretty straightforward but if I have to use another concealer over the top then why would I need it? I find I get a similar brightening effect with a concealer that's a few shades too light for my skin tone.

I'll play around with it a bit more to see what I can make it do. I'm just always confused when I try a product that everyone loves but I don't seem to love. What am I missing??

Have you had a similar experience? Do you have any suggestions?

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment