Review: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil in Underground

Tuesday, 5 November 2013

When my dad offered to pick me up some beauty products during his trip to America last month, I knew I had to get one of the much-raved-about Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencils. After much deliberation and googled swatches, I settled on the colour Underground.

I have only ever heard good things about these eyeliners from all across the beauty community. They're waterproof and in their very name they claim to last 24/7. Plus they have such a fantastic range of colours and finishes that beats nearly every other makeup brand.

Underground in particular is described as a metallic taupe, which is very accurate. It has a shimmery finish that reflects the light very nicely around the eyes. I love taupe eyeliners because they add depth and make your eye stand out the same way that black does but in a much softer, more wearable way. The metallic finish also adds a bit extra for a night out look.

I've been wearing this on my waterline and while I love the way it applies and looks, it's definitely not budge-proof. At the end of the day there were zero remnants of the liner around my eye which I was a little disappointed about. Considering I can pay less than half the price in Australia for a Rimmel Scandel'Eyes liner that will last all day, I kind of expected more. That being said, I love the colour and the metallic sparkle so I still really like this liner.

I am happy with my first Urban Decay purchase and the colour range itself is enough to spark my interest in trying other shades in the future.

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment