Review: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Brunette

Thursday, 7 November 2013

When I went to IMATS in September, I was prepared with a specific list of products that I simply could not leave the convention centre without. One of those was the MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Brunette. For some reason, over the last few months, I have gotten very interested in brow products; more so than I ever have before. I know that a lot of people love the MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Lingering so I thought I would try this product out but in a colour a bit more suited to my hair.

Firstly, I really like the packaging. Like all MAC products, this one is sleek and efficient, looking lovely in my makeup bag. Plus, the slimness means that the tip of the pencil is very small which makes drawing little brow hairs a lot easier. The pencil is twist-up, as well, which is great because you don't have to waste any product with sharpening. What isn't great is that it's not retractable so once you wind it up, it's not coming back down! This is only a real problem if you're not aware of it before hand and wind it way too far up!

The product itself is lovely. The pigmentation is great and it's not too soft or too waxy for my super thick brows. I also really like the colour. I have quite dark, cool-tone brown brows such that a lot of brow pencils are much too red to look totally natural. This colour is great because it's a nice medium brown that creates shadow without making my brows look very heavy.

I've actually been loving this product so much that it appeared in my October Beauty Favourites last week. I've really enjoyed trying out a variety of brow products and so far the MAC Eyebrow Pencil has been one of the best ones.

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment