Top Nail Polishes for Summer!

Thursday, 3 October 2013


As the weather warms up, it's time to cycle out our winter wardrobes for a brighter colour selection to match the summer sun! Here's a compilation of my favourites nail polishes to flaunt between October and March:

Orly Terracotta - This is a gorgeous bright pink, bordering on neon, that looks great in summer. I've been wearing it for a number of years and the miniature is still powering on! I also have a complete review of the formulation from last summer here

OPI Cajun Shrimp - OPI is my favourite nail polish brand and this colour is pretty spectacular. It's a very bright red-orange-pink colour that I think puts a spicy twist on the classic red nail. If you can't get your hands on this shade in particular, OPI My Chihuahua Bites is almost exactly the same colour.

OPI On the Same Paige - I have been loving this colour for years and years! I've always loved a nice orange nail colour and this one strikes a great balance between brightness, creaminess, and richness. It's a beautiful colour if you're orange-obsessed like me!

China Glaze 721 Custom Kicks - This is one of the most unique colours in my collection. It's a lovely turquoise with the added effect of a golden shimmer. It reminds me of the blazing sun reflecting off the ocean; a perfect summer vision! I've reviewed this shade before here.

China Glaze 1040 Sweet Hook - I love this colour so much it appeared in my September favourites this year! It really is the perfect pastel purple which would look great with a tan! I've mentioned this polish a few times on this blog here!

OPI Bubble Bath - If you're looking for a colour that is a bit more classic and sophisticated then I would recommend this shade. It's a nice pale, natural pink that you can wear sheer or opaque depending on how many coats you apply. I love layering it with glitter as you can see here. It's quite a throwback shade for me, too, as it appeared in my first blog post!

So, those are my nail polish picks for this summer. I think it's a nice mix of brights and pastels! What kind of colours do you usually reach for when the sun comes out!

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment