October Beauty Favourites!

Wednesday, 30 October 2013


October has been a bit of a difficult favourites month for me as I haven't been trying many new products throughout. So, this'll be a bit of a recap of some of the old favourites that I've rediscovered this past month! But I do think October has been good for establishing beauty routines as I approach the uni exam period. You learn to put on makeup quick when you've over-slept from completing an assignment!

Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder in 010 Fair - I've been using this powder in conjunction with the Nearly Naked Foundation for a while now because I just love the finish! It's a great colour match for me and leaves my skin looking very natural. This powder is particularly finely milled which I think helps create a smooth, matte surface on the skin, which I generally prefer. I've done a video demo of this product as well as a review that you can check out!

OPI Cajun Shrimp - After my Top Summer Nail Polishes post I couldn't get enough of bright colours on my nails! This is a particular favourite shade of mine because it's a great orange-red that stands out beautifully against pre-tan skin just as well as summer-tinted toes.

Maybelline Gel Eyeliner in Blackest Black - This is easily one of the most raved about gel eyeliners amongst the beauty community because it's just such fantastic quality for a drugstore product! While I've never tried either, many people have compared this to the gel eyeliners from Bobbi Brown and MAC. I just love it because it's still creamy after a year of use and it lasts for ages! Definitely one of my favourite drugstore purchases.

Racinne Ultimate Hydra Perfection Advanced Luminous Gel - This has been a very welcome addition to my skincare routine this month! It's a beautiful gel moisturiser that I like using day and night to keep my skin hydrated and ridiculously smooth! I will be very, very sad when I run out of this because I don't think I can afford a repurchase! For my more detailed thoughts, check out my review here.

MAC Cremesheen Glass in Dynasty at Dusk and Urban Decay Lip Junkie in Naked - As the weather starts getting very hot here in Sydney, I've just generally been reaching for more lip glosses. I love having something nice and shiny to catch the light during the summer! These two shades are the ones I've been grabbing most, especially the gorgeous Naked gloss (shame I only have a miniature!). Naked is a lovely natural gloss that isn't sticky at all, while Dynasty at Dusk does have some stick like most MAC lipglasses and a little bit of sparkle, as well.

MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Brunette - I've gotten quite interested in eyebrow products in the last few months for some reason! This is one I picked up at IMATS in September and I've been really enjoying it. It's not waxy or soft which is what I look for in an eyebrow pencil and I think it's just the right shade that is darkens my brows without making them look heavy. The only problem I have with this product is it's not retractable! Why, MAC?!

So, that's been my past beauty month! What have you been loving recently?

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment