August Beauty Favourites!

Tuesday, 3 September 2013


This month I thought I might try something new and move my Favourites over to my blog as apposed to my usual video format. If you're unfamiliar with favourites, this is a list of a products that I've been using in the past month and really enjoying. It's a good way to find out about new products and even tried-and-true favourites, as well. So, without further adieu, I'll just jump right in!

Revlon ColorStay 16 Hour Eye Shadow Quad in 575 Delightful and Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal 24hr Eyeshadow in 70 Barely Branded -
This has easily been my most reached-for eye look this past month. It's super easy and goes with absolutely everything! I like to sweep a thin layer of Barely Branded across the whole lid with my finger for a base. Then, I pat the light pink shadow across the top of that and finish with the dark brown shade in the crease and along my bottom lash line. The Color Tattoo helps everything last all day, though it can crease with much extended wear. I have a more comprehensive review of this product here. This Revlon quad is also a nice collection of neutrals but I wish the brown and yellow/gold shades didn't have such chunky glitter in them.

Maybelline the Mega Plush Volum' Express Mascara in Blackest Black and Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Liner -
I've obviously been quite the fan of Maybelline eye products recently! Firstly, I'll just say that I've only been using Mega Plush Mascara for two days and it instantly ranked in my monthly favourites. I bought it to see if the "gel-mousse formula" would be better and resisting smudging than my beloved the Falsies in Black Drama. It does this and so much more! I will do a more thorough review soon but just know that the wand is huge, the product is clump free, and it separates like a dream!

My relationship with the Master Precise Liquid Liner, though, has been a completely different story! Of course I bought it because of all the hype and praise it's received amongst the beauty community but I was really disappointed when I first tried it for myself. I found the brush way too thin and hard to negotiate evenly over my lash line. I just generally really struggled to make this liner work well for me. That is, until this month when I finally figured out how to use it properly! I don't know what I was doing before but I'm so glad I don't anymore. This liner is now super easy and quick with a lovely black pigmentation. I can understand the love now!

Viktor&Rolf FlowerBomb Eau de Parfum (miniature) and Nivea Visage Pure & Natural Moisturising Day Cream -
This Viktor&Rolf perfume is one of my all time favourite scents but it is so incredibly expensive! Luckily, I have amazing relatives who buy me miniature perfumes for gifts! I've had this mini bottle of FlowerBomb since last year but I've only gotten into using it regularly this past month. It's a very sophisticated, musky-floral scent which I absolutely adore! I love wearing it when going out at night but it also suits day time wear.

I've spoken about this Nivea moisturiser before in my videos but it's made a return in these monthly favourites! It's a thick cream that I use after cleansing on my skin morning and night. It smells really nice and sweet and it leaves my skin feeling softer than any other moisturiser has made it feel before. I really love this product and will probably continue to repurchase it!

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains in 001 Honey and 030 Smitten -
Another product I bought because of the hype! I know I am the last person to talk about these but aren't you glad I finally have? I bought these two in a Priceline sale this past month and have been loving their staining power! I couldn't believe how well these lived up to my expectations after months of people raving all across the internet about them. Honey is a very neutral pink that almost matches my lips' natural colour but adds a nice bit of sparkle. Smitten is a lovely bright fuchsia colour which I've been loving in the colder weather. You can see my full review of these products here.

So, there you go! Those are all the products I've been using a lot of and enjoying in the month of August. A few of them were old favourites but I stumbled across some new and exciting products, as well. Let me know what you think of my doing Favourites posts here instead of in a video from now on. I think this is easier for getting information to you effectively and quickly.

Have you tried some new products and loved them recently? Or did you rediscover something in your collection that you've pulled out again?

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment