Review: Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in 001 Honey and 030 Smitten

Tuesday, 20 August 2013


I do believe I'm the last person to FINALLY pick these bad-boys up to try for myself! They are the infamous Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains. Beauty bloggers and vloggers all across the internet have not stopped talking about these lip staining crayons from the drugstore lip company queen. So, when Priceline was having a 2 for 3 sale, I grabbed the two most appealing colours to me; Honey and Smitten.

Generally, these products are a lip crayon with a bit of gloss on application but a staining quality that lasts for hours. I love stains of all sorts because even as they fade, they're still there! Plus, the crayon shape makes these balm stains super easy to apply when you're on the go.

Honey is a great everyday pink with a bit of shimmer. It looks very natural on the lips; especially for me it's a bit of a 'my lips but better' colour. Stains are quite good when they're a light, natural colour because they're even harder to notice as they fade while eating and drinking throughout the day. I can see myself reaching for this shade a lot when I don't want to think too hard about what I'm putting on my lips.

On the other hand, Smitten is quite a noticeable, bright colour. I chose this one because it's a unique berry-fuscia colour, unlike anything I had in my collection, previously. I also thought it would be a nice bright lip that was still winter appropriate. I've been reaching for this colour most recently because it's just so easy to wear! There's no worry about transfer or quick wear. Plus, it's just so darn pretty!

These are such great products that I can really understand why they've gotten so much hype! I've been using them so much recently and imagine that won't change anytime soon. Perhaps the one thing I don't absolutely love is the scent. The Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains have a very strong mint scent that lingers slightly after application. What I find a bit odd is the incongruence between the scent and the product colour. I would have preferred something fruity or sweet but it's growing on me, so it's not that much of a problem.

I really am very pleased that I finally got these even if I was very behind the crowd! I highly recommend them if you're looking for a super easy lip product to just throw in your bag for on the go use.

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment