Review: Neutrogena Naturals Fresh Cleansing + Makeup Remover

Thursday, 22 August 2013

Recently, Neutrogena released a new line of skincare called Neutrogena Naturals. They claim to contain no harsh chemicals, parabens, sulphates, petrochemicals, dyes, or phthalates. The range is also pretty extensive, including a Purifying Facial Cleanser, Purifying Pore Scrub, Multi-Vitamin Nourishing Moisturiser, Lip Balm, and Face and Body Bar.

I picked up the Fresh Cleansing + Makeup Remover because I'm always looking for something to save me time and effort by combining products. I was also really excited about all the differences Neutrogena Naturals claim from other drugstore skincare products. In particular, I've been consciously distancing myself and my beauty routine from sulphates recently.

The product itself has a liquid consistency that doesn't foam but covers the skin almost gel-like. I quite like non-foaming cleanser because it feels like I'm actually cleaning my skin! As opposed to just using harsh sulphates for no actual result.

This cleanser is advertised as a makeup remover, safe enough to use on your eyes. I wasn't inclined to, because of the thicker consistency, but I gave it a go! It removed my gel eyeliner and eyeshadow easier, without any scrubbing at all, which I found really impressive. It had a bit of a harder time with my mascara, though. However, I won't be using this as an eye makeup remover because it did sting. I have other products that don't sting my eyes which I would rather use, instead. But, I love this as an all-purpose cleanser and face makeup remover product.

A drawback for me is the lack of any sort of exfoliation. I have dry skin so I do look for something that can gently smooth my skin while washing. I suppose I could always buy a separate exfoliating wash but who has that kind of time??

Also worth noting is the fact that this cleanser has a very strong green apple scent that may be irritating for sensitive skin.

The real appeal of this skincare range is the absence of all the nasties that you usually find in drugstore products and even some of the high-end brands, as well! 86% of this product is naturally derived, plus, it's not tested on animals. Even down to the packaging, Neutrogena has considered their product. The Fresh Cleansing + Makeup Remover bottle is up to 50% post-consumer recycled materials. What I particularly love is that Neutrogena has listed the ingredients on the back of the bottle and included the sources of those ingredients, as well.

After trying out this cleanser, I would love to have a look at the other products in this range and perhaps replacing some of my harsher skincare products.

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment