Review: Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal in 70 Barely Branded

Tuesday, 13 August 2013

Maybelline Color Tattoos were a huge hit when they first came out last year. Now the Metals collection has made its way to our Pricelines for us to fall in love with. The collection includes four shades in Australia including a frosted pink, silver, duo-chrome blue, and, my favourite, a gorgeous champagne colour.

The Color Tattoos are great because they're super easy to use; you don't even need a brush. They provide an even, pigmented sweep of colour across the lid or a nice base to make your other shadows pop.

Some complaints about the original product included how quickly the cream dries out in the pot and becomes almost unusable. However, Maybelline seems to have reformulated with the Metal collection. Barely Branded is smoother, creamier and easier to spread than the original Color Tattoos that I have.  I've had it for a few weeks now and it's as good as new! This is a great improvement for Maybelline and will only increase the popularity of this product.

Now, I searched high and low to get my hands on this colour, in particular, Barely Branded. It was much lusted over here in Australia when we saw the Americans talking about this beautiful champagne colour. As far as pigmentation goes, it's a sheer, shimmery shade which makes it easy to blend and doesn't overpower other colours. It's really just the perfect shade to use as a base under almost any eye look or by itself for something subtle and shimmery. I will warn you that it will crease with all day wear when left by itself but I haven't tried it out with an eye primer so you may get different results.

I apply this with my finger under other shadows on most days. Almost everyday since I bought it, in fact! I do adore it and, for AUD$11.95, I highly, highly recommend picking this up as the perfect drugstore, champagne cream eyeshadow.

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment