Review: Covergirl Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm in 235 Coral Twist

Thursday, 29 August 2013

It seems like everyone has been coming out with lip crayons recently! This is the newest release from Covergirl, the Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balms. They're advertised as much the same, an easy to apply lip-crayon product.

These ones, however, are said to have "soft shine without the sticky feeling". Instead of a lipstick-like product, Covergirl has released these as closer to a lipgloss in formulation.

I've heard quite a few good reviews of this product from American beauty bloggers so when I saw them in Priceline, and when I saw the price, I thought I should definitely try them out for myself. The Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balms are AUD$12.95 compared to the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains [AUD$17.95] and the new Bourjois Color Boost Lip Crayons [AUD$15]. I also really loved this colour, Coral Twist. It's a bright pink-coral colour which I think will be gorgeous in the warmer months!

Since trying this product out, though, I'm pretty glad I only picked up one. It's not the most pigmented on the lips and, as it wears, it does tend to settle into fine lines. I still love the colour but I wish it was a more consistent colour payoff. Though, I will say that it is glossy and, on first application, the product feels nice on the lips. It's an alright lip product but I'm a bit disappointed.


Perhaps there's a way I could make the my Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm work so I'll definitely play around with it a bit more.

Have you tried this recent addition to the lip crayon craze? What was your experience like?

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment