Review: Covergirl Eye Enhancers Quad in Country Woods

Wednesday, 7 August 2013


Covergirl has released quite a few classic eyeshadow quads and trios in their time and this is one of them! The Eye Enhancers Quad in Country Woods is a collection of four simple neutrals that would suit any eye colour.

I find myself reaching for this quad when I want something light but defined. These shadows are particularly good at casting a natural shadow and using shimmer to add depth to your eyes. I especially love these colours layered over my Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Branded.

What isn't great about this quad is the pigmentation. As expected from drugstore shadows, they're all shimmers or pearls and don't have great colour pay-off. But I don't think that's necessarily a complete negative. Just as sometimes an overly pigmented blush can be hard to work with, lighter eyeshadows are best for natural sweeps of colour across the lid.

The shadows also aren't the most consistent. The colour on the far left in the pan is by far the weakest link with little to no colour whatsoever. Then, the second and fourth shadow are almost the same colour with slight differences in finish. That just seems a bit silly when there are only four pans; half are the same! But, there is good news! The lightest, highlight colour is my favourite eyeshadow highlight in my collection. It's a gorgeous pearlescent cream colour which catches just enough light on the inner corner. I love it! If the quad was a duo with the last two shades, it'd be perfect!

Ultimately, it's not a great eyeshadow quad but it's useable and I like having it in my collection. Is anyone else familiar with Covergirl's quads?

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment