Review: Maybelline Color Whisper in 40 Orange Attitude

Friday, 19 July 2013


Another long awaited product has finally arrived in Australia! These are the new Maybelline Color Whispers which we've been hearing about for months from the Americans.

The Color Whispers are a light, sheer tinted lipbalm type of product. They appear to be Maybelline's response to the Revlon Color Burst Lip Butters. The difference, though, is the Color Whispers have a much thinner, sheerer consistency; closer to a balm than a butter.

I've really been loving this product over the last few weeks. It provides a lovely sweep of colour across the lips without feeling heavy or thick. It also doesn't begin to bead up on the lips with wear, like similar products are known to do. I'm a fan of this formula for something easy to wear and apply without having to think a whole lot about it. The lasting power isn't fantastic but that's not something I was expecting.

The colour selection available in Australia at the moment is pretty average, in my opinion. There are some nice pinks but some are so sheer there's really no point! There were also some notable absences of a few really popular colours from America which I was disappointed about.

I picked up the colour 40 Orange Attitude which is a bright truly orange colour. It might look a little intimidating in the tube, but swept across the lips it appears as a very nice orange-coral that I really like. In the summer time I can really see myself getting a lot of use out of this!

One thing I also really love about the Color Whispers in the packaging! It's very sleek, thinner than your average lip product, with a transparent casing in a colour matching that of the product. I think it hits the right note between fun and sophisticated. It's a big plus for me!

What do you think of all the new products coming to Australia now? Have you picked up any for yourself?

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment