Nails of the Week: Covergirl Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss in 275 Wine Stain

Friday, 5 July 2013


Adding to their Outlast line, Covergirl released the Stay Brilliant Nail Glosses in a range of very wearable colours. This is the one that I picked up and hauled about a week ago.

Wine Stain is exactly the colour that the name suggests; a deep, purple-red, wine colour that you can work towards black with multiple coats. I adore this colour for the colder months. It's warm with a beautiful depth and it goes with absolutely everything. Seeing as this is already my second application of this polish since I purchased it, I feel like it's going to get a lot of wear from me in the coming season.

If this colour seems a bit too dark for you, the line also includes another red wine colour called Wine till Five. But, like all red polishes, these will stain your nails so be sure to use a good base coat when you apply it.

This is my first Covergirl nail polish and the formulation is alright. It's not too thick or thin but it is streaky on the first coat. In the photo I'm wearing two coats but more would turn the red into an almost black like it appears in the bottle. The formulation doesn't really bother me because it's the colour that I love.

I'd also like to express my admiration of this product's packaging. For a drugstore brand, the simple, squared glass bottle is very sleek and classy. It reminds me of Chanel or Illamasqua. The same elegance without the price tag!

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment