Review: Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in 637 Blushing Nude

Tuesday, 25 June 2013

I purchased this lipstick in the fantastic Priceline 40% off sales a few months ago and have been using it quite a bit since then! It's quite a classic colour that I don't generally reach for but after swatching in store, I picked it up!

Blushing Nude is a deep, pink nude colour which adds a nice touch of natural colour. I like wearing this with a more colourful eye or on the days I'm not wearing a whole lot of makeup. I just love the hint of pinky-ness it adds to my lips. Generally speaking, it's a very wearable colour and would suit a range of skin tones and complexions.

This formulation is a creme though you should be aware that there is definitely glitter in this lipstick. It's not overly noticeable on the lips and just adds a nice shimmer without a gloss. It applies smoothly, easily and doesn't feel drying or uncomfortable throughout the wear. You will need to reapply after eating or drinking but this lipstick doesn't have a particularly short wear time, in my opinion.

The packing is really handy for your average drugstore product. It's sleek and looks quite classic with the black and gold. My favourite part, though, is the little window at the top of the cap so that you can see the lipstick in the tube. This is helpful if you're picking a colour at the store because you can see what it really looks like but it also makes it easy to pick the colour you want when deciding from your at home collection.


I have a few of the Revlon Super Lustrous Lipsticks and I quite like them as a good choice for drugstore lipsticks. They come in a wide range of colours from naturals to brights with a number of different finishes, as well.

If you're interested in the line then you can pick one up for about AUD$21.95 wherever Revlon products are sold.

xx Julia

2 comments

  1. revlon makes really good lip products! great swatch!

    My Blog: Caught in a Daze.

    ReplyDelete