Review: MAC Powder Blush in Ripe for Love

Friday, 21 June 2013


I saw this gorgeous blush in Allison's (amarixe) makeup haul video recently and I just had to buy it! I actually immediately ran out to the nearest MAC to get my hands on it.

Ripe for Love is part of the MAC Summer Collection Temperature Rising which focuses on bronzes and deep pinks and purples for the warmer [northern hemisphere] months. Even though we're in winter now, I think this colour could suit any season.

It's a very pink coral [or a very coral pink] which looks like a gorgeous flush on the cheeks. It's not too coral or too pink so you really can wear it year-round, in my opinion. It's actually exactly the type of colour I like to wear on the cheeks because it's natural but definitely noticeable. I really, really adore it, if you can't tell!

The finish is satin which creates a lovely, natural sheen on the cheeks. It's also one of the most universal finish as it sits well on all skin types.

Also, let's just talk about the packaging for a second. The whole collection is cased in a metallic bronze packaging that reflects the themes of Temperature Rising. Unlike the usual MAC packaging, even for collections, these ones are slightly rubberised, similar to NARS. I quite like it because it gives a nice feel but it gets dirty very quickly! I suppose if you're a bit neater than me with your makeup application then it wouldn't be a problem for you, though!

I'm just really obsessed with this product at the moment and thanking my lucky stars that I bit the bullet and bought it!

The Temperature Rising Collection is still at MAC stores and counters if you want to have a look yourself. They're also online. If you're interested in Ripe for Love, it'll set you back about AUD$43.

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment