Review: MAC Lipstick in Russian Red

Thursday, 13 June 2013

Everyone has to have a classic red lipstick in their drawer to pull out when you're feeling particularly fierce! This is my shade of choice for that little extra kick in my makeup routine.

MAC Russian Red is a deep, blue-toned red with a matte finish. I generally recommend blue-toned reds for the dark-haired, dark-eyed while orange-toned are a bit better for the fairer. But it's always best to try it if you can and find out if that shade really does suit your complexion.

Matte, especially MAC, can be quite drying on most lip types so if you're prone to drying and need more moisture in your lip products, then you probably won't like this one. I love it, though, because while it can be a bit uncomfortable, it lasts for ages! I can really make this lipstick last for hours in between meals and drinking.

Honestly, a red lip goes with absolutely everything! A natural, champagne, dark, smokey or colourful eye, they all look great! I have a particular preference, however, for a natural, taupe eye with great black eyeliner and a solid sweep of colour across the lips. Perfect!

Have you tried any other red lipsticks? Are you a blue-toned or orange-toned? Do you like it bright or deep? What's your favourite red lip look? Let me know!


xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment