Review: MAC Lipstick in Plumful

Tuesday, 7 May 2013


As the weather [finally] starts cooling down here in Sydney, I thought I'd share with you a lipstick that is fast becoming one of my all-time favourites! That little beauty would be Plumful by MAC.


As I'm sure you can guess, Plumful is a red-purple-plum colour which I adore in the colder months. Where most people are going for the dark, vampy look [try MAC Rebel] this is a more subtle way of following the trend which suits everyday wear more easily. Plus it just looks fantastic with some rosy cheeks and a hot chocolate in your hands!

Like all MAC lipsticks, this one is smooth, easy to apply and lasts quite well without settling into dryness on your lips. It's a Lustre finish which means it's a bit sheerer than your average lipstick but you can definitely build the colour. I also find these finishes to be more moisturising than most but that depends on everybody's individual lips.

I have really been loving this lipstick recently as a super easy swash of colour across the lips. It's versatile and can be worn with a bold eye or casually with some nice black eyeliner. I also think it'd suit a variety of skin tones because it's not too bold or dark and the colour is easily buildable to a deepness that fits your style.

So, next time you're perusing your local MAC counter, why not pick up Plumful, give it a swatch and see what you think! You might just fall in love!

xx Julia


No comments:

Post a Comment