Review: Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector in Light

Friday, 29 March 2013

I'm sure all of you have heard about this product and a few of you have probably tried it for yourself! I picked up the Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector a number of weeks ago to replace a tinted moisturizer I was using, and, because I'd heard so much about this product in particular, I chose this one! Initially, I was quite skeptical about drugstore BB Creams but since I was only really looking for a tinted moisturizer, I wasn't too concerned about the 'skin benefits' of this product. Though it does contain SPF15 which is good when you can get it!

Now, after using the Miracle Skin Perfector for a while, I thought I'd share my thoughts with you!

First off, it should be very, very clear to you that this is absolutely not a foundation or a foundation replacement. The coverage is quite light with possible build-ability to light-medium at best.

It's also one of those products that definitely needs powdering! I have dry skin myself but, after applying this product, there was some shine! I would not recommend it for oily-combination skin and perhaps not normal either if you don't like the 'dewy' look. Powder will cut down the shine and help the BB Cream to last longer, also.

There's also a rather strong floral-fruity scent to the product so that's something to watch out for if you have sensitive skin.

Something that really quite disappointed me about this product was the lack of shade selection. Currently there are only two shades available in Australia (I'm not sure about other countries) and with my pale skin I still think the Light is a shade too dark. If you have a skin tone somewhere in the middle of the spectrum then it may not be a problem for you but us out-liers will have a hard time making them work.

I haven't tried the Oil Free version of this BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector but I have heard from reliable sources that it makes up for the oiliness of the regular version. Consider that if you find yourself trying to choose between the two.

Mostly I'm content with this product only because I wasn't looking for anything more than a tinted moisturizer replacement. I probably wouldn't repurchase it but it's still nice to have for those days when you only really need to run to the supermarket.

If you want to pick up the Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for yourself, you can pick it up at your local Priceline or anywhere that Garnier products are sold. It'll set you back about AUD$13.99.

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment