Review: Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids Lipstick in 904 Vivid Rose

Wednesday, 20 February 2013

The Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick range has been available here in Australia for quite a while now but fairly recently the brand has released the new Vivids Collection. I was very attracted to this collection as soon as I saw beauty bloggers from America posting their swatches and reviews. As soon as I could, I was in Priceline trying to pick the best for myself.

Ultimately, I came away with 904 Vivid Rose, which, as you can imagine, is a very bright rose red-pink. I've never owned or even really tried a lipstick of this level on the brightness scale because it truly is very bold and it takes a bit of guts to leave the house like that!

The wear is decent; Three hours, maybe four, with touch-ups after eating and drinking. The formulation also isn't terribly drying but you'd probably want to moisturize your lips quite well before applying this lipstick. A gloss would also really help with keeping your lips soft throughout the wear.

I also quite like the super bright packaging with the neon pink-orange cap. It just adds a bit of flare and fun to your makeup or night-out bag!

So far, I am a huge fan! Even as we approach winter I really think you could rock this shade all year round! [Though, perhaps limit yourself to nighttime wear; we don't want to be scaring nobody!]


In my opinion, the colour selection is pretty good with eight shades ranging from plums to reds to pinks to corals and oranges. All of them are super bright and very fun, indeed!

If you're interested in getting your hands on Vivid Rose or any of the colours from the Vivids Collection, you can find them at your local Priceline or anywhere Maybelline products are sold with prices ranging from AUD$14.95 - $16.95.

Also, if you want to see a real-life application and view of this product on my very own lips, 904 Vivid Rose features in my most recent Get Ready With Me video. So, feel free to have a watch of that!


xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment